Friday, June 1, 2012

crazy for polka dots

Whenever I think "polka dots," my mind automatically jumps to the 1950s.

Lately though, as polka dots are emerging in the fashion world, I've been seeing lots of spotted garments with a more modern feel to them. Don't get me wrong, I love a good 50s style outfit, like this dress:


Maggie & Me dress
$60
modcloth.com

A dress like that can look good on anyone, but I like to be a bit more bold. So to go a less traditional route, you could most likely catch me rocking some of these polka dot looks:

Polka Dot & Stripe shorts
$40
riverisland.com



Zatchel's leather purse
$97
johnlewis.com

Michael Antonio wedges
$65

Catch A Glimpse pumps
modcloth.com

Another reason I'm a huge fan of polka dots is because of the similarity to Roy Lichtenstein paintings. The post a few days ago definitely showed my love for all things pop art and wearing polka dots (especially in bright colors) totally makes me feel like a walking Lichtenstein. 




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment