Friday, January 20, 2012

free shoes and a good thrift day

I was 100% convinced the world was against me from the beginning yesterday. The first 2 hours of my day went as follows: Woke up late, get ready for work, run to car in freezing cold, no gas, freak out about not having enough gas to get to work, get stopped behind a dump-truck on a one way road, wait for 15 minutes, stop at Sheetz, late to work, lose 3 acrylic nails. Now by the time I did get to work, I was really flustered. At that point, my main goal was to drink my Starbucks Doubleshot Energy + Coffee and power through the day.


Suddenly, the clouds parted, the sun shone through and what was in front of me but a beautiful pair of camel colored Forever 21 chunky opened toe booties. I think I even squealed when I saw them. Unfortunately for me, they were broken in the front (the heel of the shoe and the platform in the front had come unglued creating a tiny gap). Since we have about a billion and a half shoes at work right now, we did have to pass on them. After finishing up a buy I had, I wanted to the back room to grab some coins and guess what happened to my surprise?! THE GIRL GAVE ME THOSE SHOES. SHE GAVE THEM TO ME, LIKE FOR FREE.



 I'm so excited, I can't even handle it. Now, even though they are just a tad bit broken (when I actually stand in them you can't even tell), and too small, I am going to wear them to my heart's content.

Later that day, I came home and finished the slideshow I posted a few days ago. I was feelin' so good toward the end of the day, I decided to take a celebratory trip to Goodwill. I had such good luck! Hopefully, I will be posting some of the awesome finds including a full length skirt, some red pants, and these awesome flats!


The last thing I really need is another pair of shoes, let alone two but look at them! Can you blame me? There is a huge snow storm going on outside right now so I'm sure I will be going Polyvore, Tumblr, Twitter, and blogging crazy tomorrow when I am snowed in.

Don't forget to check it out!


2 comments:

  1. You really hit the jackpot with those green shoes--great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! I was so excited when I saw them. The hardest part about shopping thrifted items is that if it doesn't fit, you're out of luck. I was very lucky!

    ReplyDelete