Saturday, January 28, 2012

sentimental accessories

Compared to the obscene amount of clothing and shoes I have, my jewelry department is really lacking. I have enough of everything to get me by, I just never think to accessorize with jewelry after I get ready. Am I crazy?



Typically, every day I wear 5 rings. I have been wearing 5 rings since as far back as I can remember. Rings have always been my favorite accessory. I used to have a lucky necklace but in a series of unfortunate events and someone's sticky fingers, I no longer have it, but no one has ever been able to take my rings. I guess the biggest reason behind them is because they each have a meaning to me. All unique in their own way, and when someone compliments them, it is always a reminder of the story behind it.

My heart lock and key ring is worn on ring finger. I know it is kind of cheesy but I believe the day I stop wearing this ring will be the day I have an engagement ring to take it's place. 

The turquoise ring I bought from work so when I wear it I think about my job and how lucky I am to be where I'm at today.

The silver ring with the opal stone was a my high school graduation gift from my ex boyfriend. To me, is symbolizes my first love rather than high school graduation. 

The man and the star is a ring I bought when I was in 10th grade from a small shop in downtown called A Touch of the Earth. A friend of mine has a matching on, although it was so long ago, it's hard to say if she still has it.

The triangle ring is the newest addition to the bunch. I got it at an indoor flea market in Myrtle Beach over the summer. $10! I like remembering that vacation because I feel like it was a new beginning for me. I usually rotate the triangles from right-side up to upside down depending on my mood for that day. It's all in the details, and yes, I am that OCD.


What are your favorite accessories? Do you have any sentimental pieces that you wear every day? 

Also, now that you have seen the extent of my jewelry collection, I'm always up for suggestions on how to use my pieces in a different way!

Don't forget to get out my Twitter and Tumblr!

No comments:

Post a Comment