Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Happy Humpday!

If you follow my twitter, you know I am not ashamed to say my style, when casual, goes toward the grungy side. Maybe it's the angsty teenage girl inside me, but I can't seem to give up my ripped tights and combat boots. On the lovely shopping trip I took for my birthday, I ran into a girl at H&M who was wearing the most awesome combat boots I've ever seen! Mine are typical boring, black combat boots, like these:

Dollhouse Combat Boots
shop.dollhouse.com
And although I feel like a complete badass when I wear them, they paled in comparison to the bright orange vinyl combat boots this girl was wearing. So in typical Jessica fashion, I gave credit where credit was due and told her I loved her boots. Then, we had a fashionista moment.

"Thank you! Do you know want to know where I got them?" she said, and obviously I had to know. 
"Wal-Mart. Can you believe it?"

 Honestly, I couldn't. From that moment, I have been on the quest for said Wal-Mart combat boots but to no avail. That was, until yesterday, when the boot gods blessed me with these.

Yes, I know the picture quality is terrible but I can't find the USB cord to my camera!
shopgoodwill.com

I knew some retail therapy would do me well yesterday, but I had no idea it would be this good! They were also brand new with the tags attached! Only $4.95 at my local Goodwill. This is just the kind of kick in the ass I needed to get back on my thrifting game so I will be posting more of my lucky finds soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment